4 Simple Ways To Create Great Social Media Content

4 Simple Ways To Create Great Social Media Content

Getting your content noticed on Social Media becomes more difficult with each passing day. Users upload 100 hours of video to YouTube every 60 seconds and share more than 4.75 billion pieces of content on Facebook every 24 hours. Add that to 500 million new tweets per day, and the chances of breaking through the clutter can seem almost impossible. (via Entrepreneur.com) You need to continually offer your audience amazing content in order to build a loyal following. These are 4 Simple Ways To Create Great Social Media Content:

  1. Create a schedule. Allocate specific times during your day to devote to social media marketing. Posting content that is timely and relates to current events will get more engagement than cookie-cutter content. Take 10 minutes each morning to check the news, check twitter, get updates on your industry, and use content that makes the most sense for your audience.
  2. Use the 80-20 rule. Spend 80% of your content focusing on things that are educational, engaging and helpful to your audience. The other 20% should be used to promote your business or brand. People will flock to you for your amazing content, not your self-promotional posts about your business.
  3. Quality over quantity. It can be easy to get caught up in the numbers, but it’s better to have 1,000 highly engaged and loyal followers than 10,000 followers who sign up to follow you but never acknowledge you again.
  4. Freebies. Give stuff away! Social Media is great for companies to promote “word of mouth” marketing and reputation. Getting your customers to say nice things about you can be as effective as traditional advertising and more cost efficient. For example, Procter & Gamble figured out that one of the easiest and best ways to get people talking about their products is to simply give them away. An article in the Journal of Marketing found that, “people who got a product for free talked about it 20% more, while coupons and rebates didn’t make a difference.”

Social Media is constantly changing, and it’s important to keep up-to-date with the new tactics that can help grow your brand.