10 Oct Meet The Team: Kersten Godfrey
Welcome back! We’re happy to see you again. This week in our Meet the Team series, we are introducing you to Katie, one of our new Social Media Coordinators. To get to know her a little better, she answered a few questions for us. See what she said below!
- What’s your position?
- How long have you been at Hubbard?
- Almost a year!
- What’s one fun fact about yourself?
- I’m distantly related to Lizzie Borden, the famous alleged axe murder. I love my parents though, so no worries.
- What’s your favorite thing about social media?
- Memes. I think it’s fun to share inside jokes with people all around the world. And, I love having having easy access to a good belly laugh whenever I need it!
- What’s your least favorite thing about social media?
- It bothers me how natural it is to paint an unrealistic picture of yourself on social media. We only post about the coolest things we do, and the most attractive pictures of ourselves. We don’t post the less glamorous stuff, like fighting with a friend, missing an important deadline, getting the flu, feeling lonely. Those things are what life REALLY looks like. So, when you go online and see nothing but beauty on your friends accounts, it’s easy to feel like you don’t measure up.
- Favorite things to do outside of work?
- Games! Skyrim! My BF, Zack, and I have been playing a bit of Overwatch most nights. And, when I see my parents we almost ALWAYS play card games like Tripoli. Now that I think about it, games are a big part of all my close relationships.
I also do some arts and crafts, including embroidery, charcoal drawing, and painting. I’m not very good at any of them, but I enjoy myself!
- Favorite social media channel and why?
- Instagram. I love its focus is on images. It’s a joy to browse and find cool videos, art, animation, and photography. And, it’s a great medium for the work I do at Hubbard.
- Any parting words?
- Hubbard Interactive has been a great place to work, and I feel so fortunate to be here. It’s a really loving and supportive environment. Everyone wants to see their team members succeed, and I think that has really shown in our work. Our relaxed environment has fostered some incredibly creative work. I’m really proud of what I’ve made here so far and I’m excited for the future!